The student news site of Saint Patrick High School

Green and Gold

The Madness ends tonight

Joshua Allen, '18, Staff Reporter

As advertised, March Madness has been nothing short of chaos. This year’s tournament has been full of upsets.

One upset that occurred recently in the tournament was when Duke lost to South Carolina. Duke is always the favorite to win the championship every year but, when it comes to this tournament, seeds don’t matter.

With South Carolina being the seven seed, no one was expecting this game to turn out the way it did and a high percentage of people predicted Duke would win this game easily. This just shows that in this tournament, anything is possible and teams better bring their A game because every school is bringing their best.

Another upset that occurred was when the number one seed Villanova Wildcats lost to the eight seed Wisconsin Badgers. The Badgers pulled out the win with the 85-82 victory. Talking to several bracket makers, more people had Villanova winning the championship than Duke.

On the ESPN website, there were 18.8 million brackets filled out. With the two heavy favorites to win the tournament eliminated, it is guaranteed that a lot of people have completely forgot about their bracket and stopped keeping up with it.

The tournament ends tonight with Gonzaga Bulldogs taking on the North Carolina Tar Heels.