The student news site of Saint Patrick High School

Green and Gold

Heart over height

Short NBA player vies for MVP

Photo curtesy of Winslow Townson, USA Today Sports.

Chris Lara, '18, Editor

Isaiah Thomas, 5′ 9″, was selected last in the NBA draft by the Sacramento Kings.

Born February 7, 1989, in Tacoma, Washington, Thomas went on to play at the University of Washington from 2008 to 2011. The point guard played three years of college basketball and was a three time all- conference selection in the Pac-10.

Eric Lis,’18, says, “Isaiah Thomas was amazing in college and still is now; he definitely has a strong chance for MVP”.

According to “USA Today”, Thomas decided to leave his senior year of college and enter the NBA draft. Thomas was selected last in the second round by the Sacramento Kings and immediately made an impact on the team with his scoring and assisting, which would eventually lead him to the starting point guard spot.

According to “SportsCenter”, before the 2015 trade deadline and not long after Gordan Dragic had been signed to Miami, Thomas was sent to Boston.

For Thomas, the Celtics are second in the Eastern Conference and Thomas will make his second All-Star appearance in New Orleans.

Jack halter,’18, says, “Isaiah Thomas has been on a roll, and I have been  following him since day one”.

From Tacoma,Washington, to the University of Washington, Thomas has come a long way from being picked last in the 2011 NBA draft.

According to “SportsCenter”, Thomas now being called the NBA’s ultimate underdog and now in discussion for MVP with James Harden, Russel Westbrook and LeBron James.

Arturo Botello,’18, says, “I’m not a huge Isaiah Thomas fan, but he has mad skills”.