The student news site of Saint Patrick High School

Green and Gold

‘It’ emerges as top horror movie for years to come

Michael Pasquale, '18, Editor

Throughout the years, we have all been blessed with some quality horror films.  Some classic horror films that come to mind are “The Silence of the Lambs” and “The Exorcist”.  These movies won Oscars, but a potential Oscar winner has emerged.

In just three days, the R-rated horror film “It”made $123.1 million from 4,103 locations.

“It” directed by Andrés Muschietti, is based on the 1986 novel of the same name by Stephen King. “It” is referrerimg to Pennywise the clown who terrorizes the town of Derry, Maine, every 27 years. It just happens that school is out and a group of teenagers plan on taking down Pennywise. This plan is created after the disappearence of his little brother, Georgie. While Bill is sick in bed, Georgie wants to play with the toy boat they made for the rain. Georgie has the boat swim through the water in the road, and he never returns.

The group of kids spends its whole summer trying to take down Pennywise. They find out that it is not Pennywise they are afraid of; it is their individual fears that Pennywise uses to scare them.

To take down Pennywise, the group knows they have to get over their own fears before they can handle Pennywise head on.

I recommend seeing “It”. With the nonstop horror and a good story line, “It” will go down as one of the best horror movies made.