The student news site of Saint Patrick High School

Green and Gold

‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ aces action sequences

Conor Banaszkiewicz, '20, Staff Reporter

Kingsman: The Golden Circle, is the sequel to the box office hit, Kingsman: The Secret Service.

It is funny, fast-paced, outrageous, and more wild than the first one is, all the while keeping a centered, focused storyline that lines up with the first movie perfectly.

The characters are unique and relatable while at the same time, displaying their specific skill sets that make them the agents that they are.

The story is fun and far-fetched, but still keeps certain things reasonable and plausible. It keeps you on your toes constantly, throwing in twists and turns that you never see coming, hinting at them subtly the entire time.

One scene in specific, the “Poppyland Fight Scene” particularly caught my interest, mainly due to the fact that the action is non-stop. You have guns going off, explosions, flexibility and complete destruction. Eggsy and Galahad walk through the center of it all, calm and collected, shooting, sliding, fighting and feeling no regrets the entire time.

Eggsy, the character the movie is centralized on, is a young man who is dealing with grief at the loss of his friends and still learning how to be a proper gentleman.

Galahad, Eggsy’s father figure in the movie, is resurrected after being killed off in the first movie. In tandem, the two of them are virtually unstoppable, showing in this scene just how capable and prepared they really are.

In the end, Kingsman: The Golden Circle is a movie well worth seeing, not only because of the constant action and humor, but also because of the story and depth that is included in the movie.