Green and Gold

Winter Sports Update

Charlie Morrissey, '20, Staff Reporter

Winter Sports have begun at St. Patrick. Winter Sports include basketball, swimming, wrestling, hockey and bowling.

Between the five winter sports teams there are many players on all of the teams.

Basketball player Ben Gushwan, ‘20, thinks that the basketball team will be good this year.

Sean Collins ,‘20, who is on the swim team, thinks that the varsity swim team will continue their success and thinks the JV team still has to get into the groove of the season because of the lack of experience.

Charlie Roy, ‘20, who is on the wrestling team, thinks that the team will have a good year because a lot of young wrestlers are good leaders.

The stud section is a big part of winter sports at Saint Pats.

Tom Busam ,‘18, says that the winter sports season means alot to fans as it is a a way to watch your friends compete.

Busam, also says that this is going to be an excellent year for the basketball team. They have a lot of senior leaders like senior John Mulcrone, who is expected to have a big year.

Busam says the stud section is important to Saint Patrick because it it the heart and soul of our school.

Darius Aruna ,‘20, says that it represents our school very well.

Speaking of the stud section, they were named athlete of the week for the first time ever.

All 5 winter sports teams hope to have a great season fueled by the support of the stud section.