Green and Gold

Basketball team starts hot

Michael Crawford, 19, Staff Reporter

The basketball team has gotten off to a hot start this year as they are 5-1. The team is lead by junior Jakob Medina, ‘19, and Joe Fanning, ‘20. In the two games I have seen the team has looked very good, in the post, from the line and from downtown.

I had a chance to interview Fanning about the season so far and how he expects to do in conference as the season goes on. He is very proud so far because he made the Saint Patrick Thanksgiving All-Tournament Team alongside with Medina. When asked how he thought the season was going so far he said “I’m doing very well so far and just want to keep it rolling.”

I was also able to catch up with Medina standout player and called the team’s motivational leader by Fanning.  One thing that is very important to Medina is the weight room, he commented saying “The weight room can change your game and put you on a new level and can take you from good to great.” Medina also told me that Saint Patrick was ranked second to last in the preseason rankings.

Some exciting news as wel,l the Shamrocks look to get Robert Stanford, ’19, back in 2 weeks who has been out with a knee injury. He added saying “I’ve been waiting so long, to get back on the court, words can’t explain how eager I am.”  He is aiming for Dec. 19-30 for a return.

Like teammates Fanning and Medina, Stanford also wants to bring Saint Patrick a conference championship.

The season has got off to a hot start and they plan to keep rolling through the season and finishing at the top of the ESCC.